Guidelines & Policies
CFD INCLUSION, DIVERSITY, EQUITY & ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Living Document, Updated February 17, 2021
The Centre for Faculty Development (CFD) is committed to creating a safe(r), brave, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all. The fulfillment of our Centre's mission depends upon an environment of acceptance and mutual respect. Everyone should be able to work, teach, and learn at the CFD free from discrimination and harassment.
We recognize that we need to continue to refine and develop policies and practices that support us realizing all aspects of this commitment as a Centre. We are dedicated to:
- Increasing diversity in our staff and committee membership through improved recruitment practices;
- Prompting our participants, staff and faculty to critically reflect on individual biases, assumptions and behaviours;
- Interrogating organizational practices and policies;
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and action related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion;
- Creating safety and space for dialogue;
- Building and improving relationships with Indigenous communities to better understand our obligations and responsibilities to reconciliation, and to ensure Indigenous voices are involved in curriculum and policy development;
- Advocating for anti-colonial, anti-racist practices in education and healthcare;
- Incorporating the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in the design and delivery of programming, resources, and physical and online spaces;
- Removing barriers to support our health professions community in fulfilling their academic goals.
We ask for your shared commitment and support, recognizing that these important changes require time and resources to fully implement, and an examination of our own entrenched assumptions. We deeply value your input as our community as we embark on this journey of change and progress together. This is a living document as we continue to learn. If you have any concerns or wish to offer suggestions on how our programs, practices and policies can better align with the above commitments, please contact our CFD Director, Dr. Latika Nirula.
CFD CAMERA GUIDELINES, JUNE 2020
Individual learners may experience a range of circumstances that shape their ability and/or decision to participate using video. These circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- disability-related reasons;
- physical and economic access; and,
- privacy and safety concerns.
We are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive learning and teaching spaces. In support of this commitment, we feel it is important to give participants the choice to turn their video on/off.
CFD STATEMENT ON DATA USE AND CONFIDENTIALITY
All evaluation data collected by the Centre for Faculty Development (CFD) remain confidential. Active measures are taken to ensure this as outlined below.
- No one is granted access to raw data except for the Program Coordinator and the core CFD Evaluation Team members.
- Personal identifying information including names, and e-mail addresses is excluded prior to data analysis.
- Identifying information is never linked with participants' feedback in reports. All evaluation reports include only aggregated data.
- No information that discloses participants' identity will ever be released or published,
without their consent.
The evaluation data we collect is used for quality improvement and evaluative research in accordance with the following guidelines.
- Data are only used in aggregate in reports and studies that inform ongoing program improvement and allow for better understanding about how our educational programs work.
- Data are anonymized and identified by participant numbers only.
- Evaluation survey data are linked with demographic participant information from our CFD
databases. This allows us to explore questions about how our programs are meeting the
needs of diverse groups. As our administrative and IT capabilities improve, the collection of
such data on survey forms will not be necessary.
If you have any questions, concerns or would like further information about this statement, please contact Hollie Mullins, Education Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org